Translate

Thursday 4 October 2012

Decisions, decisions...

It is that time of year when all the tickets for winter tours and 2013 dates go on sale, and having an avid interest in concerts in general I struggle deciding who I will go and see and who I won’t!!!
Don’t get me wrong, I would go to them all if I could, but there are the obvious constraints, like location, travel, and not forgetting the main one cost!!

Delicious Rick - Lytham Proms 2012

So how do I decide which artist / band to see and who will I go with?
Again the latter is laced with issues – I consider myself very blessed to have a plethora of different groups of friends and some are just couples and some form a larger group – so who do I ask?
Ultimately, if I make the suggestion – and given my occupation as Head of Operations for an Event Management organisation – I am assumed to take on the arranging of the whole thing, from purchasing the tickets to arranging travel to and from etc, and to be honest it can sometimes be easier to organise an outdoor concert myself; rather than organise attending one with my group of friends. Sometimes, I just want someone to organise it for me….so I just have to turn up
I see concert tickets as the perfect gift whether it be Christmas, birthday or even just a surprise but seeing as I also want to share the experience, I am met with the age old issue of who to ask!
 
Firework Finale - Lytham Proms 2012

So once I have got through all of the above dilemmas, I now have to purchase the tickets – the nervous anticipation of not getting a good seat – or worse still, none at all as it sold out in 0.000009 seconds!!! How does this happen???!
But it is  worth all the hassle when you are there, engulfed in the electric atmosphere of a live music event, with the thousands of people all sharing the same interest….such an addictive hobby.
And so the circle continues when you learn of the next tour or performance that you want to attend.. how do I decide amongst them and who will I go with?...
Decisions…decisions


No comments:

Post a Comment