Translate

Monday 10 December 2012

After the Christmas party…

Well I survived!!
The Christmas party is always met with fear and trepidation, no matter where you work. I have worked in organisations of all shapes and sizes and there is always someone that struggles to drum up a little festive cheer – until they have had a few sherry’s that is.
I stumbled across this survival guide - very funny!!
Christmas guide to survival

Thankfully, I work in an organisation that lives to party – so the only fear at this do is how to survive!!   
I have known some of the ‘in-house’- parties go on till very late – I mean well after the dawn chorus has performed!! But the less said about some of those nights the better!!
So Friday started off well – luckily we had a few hours in the afternoon, to begin the preparations of blinging ourselves up for the night ahead…
Rachels falsies - added by yours truly!!



Brett's amazing Swarovski crystalised shirt - created by Brett

The getting ready started after the Secret Santa – which is always funny. Some people grimace at the thought of buying something for one representative of the entire organisation and it actually appealing to that individual.
The secret santa did come with some guidelines and there were many hints dropped (not always discreetly!!) as to what they would like, especially if their secret santa was in the room at the time.
I was very happy with my Secret Santa - but I didn't have too high hopes once I seen the wrapping!!!
There was at least 6 layers of plastic bags to get through!!

This was clearly to lull me into a false sense of security!!
But underneath all the layers was a Jo Malone bag - and as Olly Murs sang at Lytham Proms earlier this year - my heart, skipped, skipped a beat!!

But knowing what practical jokers my fellow colleagues are - I thought, they will get a Jo Malone bag and put some joke toy inside, so I won't lie, my heart almost stopped, at the thought of being so elated one minute, to sheer disappointment on a grand scale!!, but I did practice my "oh thats lovely - thank you face" so all was not lost!!

Luckily one of the Directors got me - and I was thrilled with my Secret Santa gift - now OK, it is fair to say that I have dropped several hints in the office on occasion, but one can never guarantee that the message has got through - luckily on this occasion, the message did get through!! Thanks Boss!!
Beautiful Candle from Jo Malone!!!

So once we were all glammed up – it was off the Peter’s house for luxury Canapes and a bit of fizz.
Mr Peter Taylor - aka hostess with the mostess!
The C&T family - enjoying luxury canapes at Casa Taylor-Robson
We hailed a taxi to Green Drive Golf Club – which was our destination for the majority of the evening. I say majority, as the event finished at midnight and no self-respecting C&T member of staff would have conceded at such an early hour!!!

Even the taxi ride was eventful - Jason realised the taxi driver had the same namesake, and it sparked the most amazing conversation - well every 'Merry' person thinks his conversation is amazing!!

Jason and Jason!!

Well we danced all night - to the wonderful delights of The Love Rats, who were amazing, at Green Drive Golf Club. We even got a little number from Mr Ryan Brooks - who thought he was having a night off!!!!
Jason , Peter et Moi...
And then it was back to Chez Taylor-Robson to continue the celebrations…..

Let the craziness begin!!


Peter and his girls...Rachel and I

The rest is not for print...:)

Here's to next year!!

1 comment: