Translate

Friday 14 December 2012

Proud Momma

Mr Ryan Patrick Burns

I apologise in advance, but I am going to be one of those annoying parents who shouts from the roof tops about their children’s achievement’s.

I know it can be tedious trying to be impressed about little Tommys amazing ability to recite Twinkle Twinkle little star whilst hopping on one foot – but we do don’t we?...We ‘WOW’ along with the clearly deranged parent, not wanting to burst their bubble, at their little ones amazing talent…sometimes we even encourage this behaviour and suggest things like “oh they should keep that up – it will make them famous one day!!!”
But for this day only – and I promise I will keep bragging to a minimum in the future – I am going to unashamedly gloat about my first-born sons achievement.
Proud Momma with her first-born
Now you might think – he is not the only 22 year old to obtain a First Class Masters in Civil Engineering – but he is in my family – so there lies my justification to brag..

He comes the gloating….
I was so proud to witness the ceremony to begin with, as I wasn’t sure if he was going to make it. The original ceremony date was back in July, but he was travelling around East Asia, having a ball whilst the rest of his fellow graduates where being honoured in their gowns.

It was a refreshing change not to have been the organiser of a large scale event for once - didn't have to worry if everything was poised ready to go, as the guests start to arrive...
I wish that the ceremony invitations could be extended to siblings and grandparents but unfortunately they are so strict with the numbers that it was just the two parents. Obviously I took  few shots and videoed Ryan going up for his award - one for the grandparents!! Spending a small fortune in the process!!





Ryan with Prof Nigel Smith


Ryan with two of his Uni mates



Awkward moment when you are not ure if you are meant to be in this group shot!!!




























So after the ceremony, and the copious amounts of photography, it was off to have lunch at one of the famous Italian eateries in the area.

Salvos Italian Restaurant - Leeds

All in all - it was a wonderful day. One that will stay in my memory forever..
Well done darling...

OK - thats the gloating over - I promise normal blogging shall resume in the New Year....
Have a great Christmas y'all

Oh and if you are in the Leeds area - check out Salvos
Youtube clip of Salvos on Gordon Ramsays F Word


One of the owners, has a blog which I was delighted to stumble across a lovely recipe for Melanze - one of my fave items on the menu...Thank you Gip

No comments:

Post a Comment