Translate

Monday 3 December 2012

It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas…


Merry Christmas - HO-HO-HO

Well whether you are an avid seasoned Christmas lover,  or you hate the thought of anything to do with it…there is no denying Christmas is on its way...in fact as I write this it is precisely 21 days to the big day.
This year I have chosen to be well organised and like a true Christmas geek – I have been writing my cards and wrapping presents during my lunch break.
I really do love the build-up – I know it is all about the children, but I love adding to the mystery and magic of Father Christmas (who I met a few short weeks ago at the Lytham Christmas Lights Switch on with Russell Watson.)
Ryan from our office has a beautiful little girl called Harriet, who is at that adorable and naive age, where they believe everything that they are told about Father Christmas, so he told me about some of the things he has done for her so far this year… 
Iphone APP - Santas calling

Firstly, let me tell you about an app for the Iphone, that lets Father Christmas call you, and you can have a very creative conversation with the big man, making sure you are in ear-shot of a little one (otherwise it would just be weird!!!)
I did this to my daughter – who I might add is 17 in a few months – unfortunately she didn’t appreciate it and just thought I was a freak…but as I said to her “Well you are taking a risk, by not believing – you might end up with nothing on Christmas Day…” to which she just shakes her head in complete dismay.
To be honest, I am not sure who is the child and who is the parent at times….I blame the fact that I was told a few weeks before Christmas – I was 8 years old – that there was no Father Christmas….I couldn’t have been more distraught.
Obviously this is why I smothered my children in all things Christmassy! Well that is my story and I am sticking to it.
So it's 3rd December and I am all trimmed up - cards posted and the gifts wrapped - not bad huh?

My little Christmas Tree
Well - thats it from me for today..

No comments:

Post a Comment